These conditions are applicable to all film permit requests for the West Adams Heights/Sugar Hill area bounded by Western Avenue, Normandie Avenue, Washington Boulevard and the 10 freeway.
These Special Conditions are general guidelines, and may not represent fully or accurately
the conditions applicable to a particular filming or still photography activity on a particular
date. Circumstances change constantly.
TO BE FULLY INFORMED OF CURRENT CONDITIONS, PRODUCTION COMPANIES
MUST CONTACT FILML.A. WHEN WISHING TO FILM IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD.
- Affected residents should be notified at least two (2) days in advance of the first day of filming or the first day of any substantial set preparation. Permit request should be
submitted to FilmL.A. at least three (3) days in advance.
- Filming in West Adams Heights/Sugar Hill area requires that notification be given to
the Homeowners Association representative, Billie Green (323-732-1744). Please
contact Ms. Green prior to prepping the location and/or filming.
- A donation is requested for the Neighborhood Association for all filming. Details can
be discussed with Ms. Green.
- Prep and Strike days must be included on permit and may not take place on
weekends, unless approved by FilmL.A. (Crews with 20 people or less and only one
truck or stake bed will be allowed.)
- Weekend and holiday filming is generally prohibited, unless approved by FilmL.A..
- Parking of cast/crew personal vehicles is not permitted on area streets. Off-site
parking must be arranged by the production company and cast/crew must be
shuttled to and from the location.
Suggested parking lots are:
Christian Congregational Fellowship Church- 2085 S. Hobart Blvd.
Amos CME Church- 2445 W. Washington Blvd.
Triangular Church- 1938 S. Western Avenue
- Parking and/or posting for production equipment is limited to approximately 600’.
Film company vehicles shall not interfere with gardeners’ activities, trash pick up,
safe use of the streets or access to resident driveways, unless approved by the
- The standard residential requirement prohibiting arrival before 7:00 a.m. and
departure after 10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, must be strictly adhered to. An
extension of the standard filming hours requires that affected residents be surveyed
to identify neighborhood concerns, and the extended hours and days must be
specifically indicated on the permit.
- Crafts service, catering trucks, food preparation tables and dining tables are
prohibited on sidewalks or parkways and must be on private property.
- Trash and refuse must be removed from the area immediately after filming activities
- Trash is picked up on Mondays. If trash pickup is impeded by filming, the production
company is responsible for ensuring that trash is removed from any impacted
- Street cleaning days are as follows: east sides and south sides of the streets are
cleaned on Wednesdays and west sides and north sides are cleaned on Thursdays.
When street cleaning is disrupted by filming, it is the responsibility of the production
company to have the street cleaned.
- A FilmL.A. monitor will be assigned to encourage compliance with the permit and
conditions. The monitor will generally arrive at the designated location 1 hour prior to
the permit start time to note proper arrival time and remain with the production.